The final installment in the Wolverine movie series. This should be an action packed gory film some what based off the “old man Logan” comic book.
I usto love this show as a kid. I remember when I got my first power ranger toy. I still have it to this day. March will be a good month.
This is what the youth needs right here a dose of reality. The land delivers from all angles starting with a star studded soundtrack which includes the likes of Nas, Erykah Badu, MGK & Pusha T. This soundtrack represents the struggle the movie brings too light.
This film is written & directed by Shawn Caple JR. Whom is a Cleveland native & Executive produced by Nasir “Nas” Jones. The film is about a group of inner city kids growing up in poverty trying to find another way to survive, stake board & support their families.
The film takes place in Cleveland and includes hometown artists MGK & Ezzy with featured roles. Although this story may have been told in the past it still impacts the new generation & needs to be told again & again so the youth can see the consequences of their actions and how it impacts others around them.
My overall opinion is this was a good film. The cast was well put together & messed very well. Kim Coates (SOA) & Michael K. Williams & Erykah Badu played some key roles in guiding the young cast.
Unlike most reviews I won’t spill the entire plot and ruin the movie for you. I give this a 7/10 well worth watching. This film is out now in select theaters & iTunes. If you get a chance be sure to check out the SDTK below via iTunes
Listen to The Land (Music from the Motion Picture) by Various Artists on @AppleMusic.
Finally it’s here i think this is the first & last trailer i will watch until this movie actually hits theators in 2016.
This is the second Ant-Man trailer released and it looks like a must see in 3D. The effects & fight scenes look very creative.
In theaters August 22nd 2014
A story of pirates in Somalia told from the perspective of a struggling, young Somali fisherman. Among other awards, this short film won the Grand Jury Prize in short filmmaking at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival.
ice cube is a living hip hop legend, record producer, actor, screenwriter, film producer, and director. by and large the man has earned his place in history through his musical endeavors as well as his movie ventures. as far as his musical success i can’t chalk it up to anything other than pure talent and recognition of said talent. i’m not knocking him as an actor, but i believe i’ve figured out cube’s ‘formula’ for his consistent box office success…
no matter how well or poor whatever self-funded project cube vision releases does ice cube has ALWAYS made sure to create some sort of movie, usually comedy, with whoever’s the hot comedian/’funny guy’ at that time. BREHHHHH
now that may seem a little far fetched at first glance but i’ve conducted the proper research…
- Friday (1995) Starring: cube alongside Chris Tucker:: just finished his Def Comedy Jam run in ’92 as well as a minor role in ‘House Party 3’ in ’95.
- Next Friday (2000) Starring cube alongside Mike Epps:: more of a breakout role but Epps was still fairly well known from his Def Comedy Jam run.
- All About the Benjamins (2002) Starring cube alongside Mike Epps once again. this time being not nearly as successful as their previous movie together.
- First Sunday (2008) Starring cube alongside Katt Williams & Tracy Morgan:: in ’07 Katt was coming off his own comedy special called ‘American Hustle’, the success of which established him as a mainstream comedian on his way to being a household name. in ’08 Katt released his HBO comedy special ‘It’s Pimpin’ Pimpin’ and had a portion of that act featured in GTA IV, both of which boosted his popularity. Morgan already had a fan base from his work on ‘Martin’, ‘SNL’, and his role on ’30 Rock’.
- Ride Along (2014) Starring cube along Kevin Hart:: the latest ingredient in cube’s foolproof formula, Kevin’s major success started back at his special “I’m A Grown Little Man” in ’09 which garnered his a very large amount of new fans. that led to him releasing a stand-up documentary of himself titled “Laugh at my Pain” in ’11 that did very well at the box office(7.7Ms). Kevin followed that box office haymaker with another one, his stand-up feature film, “Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain” grossed 32M worldwide solidifying his as the #1 comedian in the world right now.
keep in mind between these major film successes(excluding ‘All About the Benjamins’ obviously) cube has done various television spots/projects, had major & minor roles in his own and others films respectively, but no matter what he seems to always align himself with whoever the populous is really in love with at the time…now i could be wrong about this being a legitimate strategy that cube & his camp purposefully employ, but the proof IS in the pudding, not hating just presenting an observation. sometimes its not looking at the ‘bigger’ picture, but the real picture.