This is just wrong I understand people don’t have a chill switch but you gotta know right from wrong. Dr. King stood for everything positive gave his life so we could enjoy ours an this is how y’all thank him with ratchet ness party flyers smh. I doubt any of this money is going to his family, it’s just people promoting off his name. I hope no one shows up for these events here are some of the worst photos I came across. On A more positive note remember all he did happy bday & thank you for everything DR. King.
ice cube is a living hip hop legend, record producer, actor, screenwriter, film producer, and director. by and large the man has earned his place in history through his musical endeavors as well as his movie ventures. as far as his musical success i can’t chalk it up to anything other than pure talent and recognition of said talent. i’m not knocking him as an actor, but i believe i’ve figured out cube’s ‘formula’ for his consistent box office success…
no matter how well or poor whatever self-funded project cube vision releases does ice cube has ALWAYS made sure to create some sort of movie, usually comedy, with whoever’s the hot comedian/’funny guy’ at that time. BREHHHHH
now that may seem a little far fetched at first glance but i’ve conducted the proper research…
- Friday (1995) Starring: cube alongside Chris Tucker:: just finished his Def Comedy Jam run in ’92 as well as a minor role in ‘House Party 3’ in ’95.
- Next Friday (2000) Starring cube alongside Mike Epps:: more of a breakout role but Epps was still fairly well known from his Def Comedy Jam run.
- All About the Benjamins (2002) Starring cube alongside Mike Epps once again. this time being not nearly as successful as their previous movie together.
- First Sunday (2008) Starring cube alongside Katt Williams & Tracy Morgan:: in ’07 Katt was coming off his own comedy special called ‘American Hustle’, the success of which established him as a mainstream comedian on his way to being a household name. in ’08 Katt released his HBO comedy special ‘It’s Pimpin’ Pimpin’ and had a portion of that act featured in GTA IV, both of which boosted his popularity. Morgan already had a fan base from his work on ‘Martin’, ‘SNL’, and his role on ’30 Rock’.
- Ride Along (2014) Starring cube along Kevin Hart:: the latest ingredient in cube’s foolproof formula, Kevin’s major success started back at his special “I’m A Grown Little Man” in ’09 which garnered his a very large amount of new fans. that led to him releasing a stand-up documentary of himself titled “Laugh at my Pain” in ’11 that did very well at the box office(7.7Ms). Kevin followed that box office haymaker with another one, his stand-up feature film, “Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain” grossed 32M worldwide solidifying his as the #1 comedian in the world right now.
keep in mind between these major film successes(excluding ‘All About the Benjamins’ obviously) cube has done various television spots/projects, had major & minor roles in his own and others films respectively, but no matter what he seems to always align himself with whoever the populous is really in love with at the time…now i could be wrong about this being a legitimate strategy that cube & his camp purposefully employ, but the proof IS in the pudding, not hating just presenting an observation. sometimes its not looking at the ‘bigger’ picture, but the real picture.
Yesterday we had the chance of hearing from Juror B37 who explained how the jury went through this process. We also found out she had a book deal and was going to profit off this tragedy which made people even more angry after the fact. After watching her interview on Anderson Cooper #AC360 you could easily tell why the trial went in favor of Zimmerman. She made numerous questionable statements such as her opinions on Rachel Jeantel & you could also see she couldn’t relate to the victim. If you didn’t have a chance to see it make sure you check it out. A twitter user by the name of @MoreAndAgain tweeted @SharleneMartin who gave the juror a book deal a message about her thoughts on the book. It was followed by numerous people doing the same thing also sending emails faxes etc. Late night into early Tuesday a statement was issued saying that Juror B37 has changed her mind & the book wont be released. This was good news to hear because no one should be profiting off this and it goes to show you the power of social networks.
Check this interview out wit Anderson Cooper and juror B37 on Anderson Cooper regarding the Zimmerman trial. This is good to get a chance to see how the jurors felt and what motivated there decision, but you can see how different we all are these jurors could not relate to the victim in the least bit. This is two days later she is on CNN & writing a book looks like everyone is just going to profit off this young kids death.
The verdict is in and it doesn’t suprise me one bit. The justice system has failed us once again. it’s my opinion but we have seen many cases like this with the same results. To convict him off nothing and let him leave with the same gun is a dam shame. I have been racially profiled many times an know how it feels an its a horrible feeling especially if your not a bad person i pray for the Martin family an all other families in similar situations & future families that will have to go through this because it will happen again.
This is a short film that has been getting alot of viral attention and is worth checking out.
Here is two videos from the protest that has been going on now for 3days. We need to continue to spread the word and get #justiceformichaelrandolph
As most of us can remember on his 911 call George Zimmerman says there is a kid walking around in his late teens. On Friday was his bail hearing and he now claims he thought Martin was about the same age as him. It’s a Shame he was released on bail even after that little slip up. This video was made by Slim Vizons enjoy.
Over this past weekend in Sanford Florida the new black panther party has gathered together to fight back over the recent death of a Florida teen. Im Sure you have heard about this by now if not I’m guessing you must live under a rock or only watch Fox News which gives this subject minimal airtime. George Zimmerman gunned down 17 year old Trayvon Martin earlier this month for walking in a white neighborhood and wearing a hoodie. If you listen to his 911 tapes you can here him say “I’m tired of them getting away with this” them obviously meaning black people he continues watching the teen and following him calls the cops on him then the cops tell him stop but he does like a renegade chases the child down & shoots him in the back. This happened going on a month ago no arrest has been made George Zimmerman has gone on with his life while the Martin family has suffered. Mikael Mohammed the leader of the new Black Panthers put out a 10000 reward for his capture Dead or alive this situation is only going to get worse racism has only gotten worse in America minorities are getting gunned down by the people who are suppose to be protecting us and it continues to get overlooked an they get a slap on the wrist. It’s time we take a stand being non violent hasn’t worked so if the police aren’t going to arrest him he deserves what’s coming to him. Below is too videos from the rally.