This is a rare interview featuring one of the Roc-A-Fella founding fathers. This is a dope overall interview worth checking out. Be sure to tune into the rap radar podcast available on all podcast apps.
Finally my guy Push! is back to give the industry what it lacks those fearsome bars enjoy i also included last weeks M.I.B mix.
I’m not going to say i argue with all the points K Walker is making but this definitely is a funny ass skit.
This right here is comical Cam speaks on Jay-Z
Rolling Stones recently came out with their ‘King of Hip Hop’ List. They did a two and a half-year survey where they combined total number of albums sold to determine the ‘King of Hip Hop’. The list starts off as expected can’t complain much about the top 5, its 6-20 that has me scratching my head. I have a lot of problems with this list, I mean Fabolous is listed at 17 under artist like B.O.B, Pittbull, and Kid Cudi. Despite Fabolous record sales I feel he is a better artist that most ahead of him on this list. Kid Cudi and Gucci Mane are way to high on this list if they should even be on it at all, and I feel the same about Waka Flocka, Diddy and Big Boi. My problem is not with these artist makin the list, but the criteria Rolling Stones used to rank the top hip hop artist. Since when did record sales determine the greatness of a rapper? Have we forgotten to appreciate the lyrics and artistic vision of rappers? This list is evidence that record sales do not support the skills of a rapper, but more so his fan base willingness to go out and buy their albums. As a fan of hip hop its disappointing.
10) DMX- He should be a lot higher but he just had a lot of setbacks. DMX made a lot of good music i hope he has another run because he helped change the game.
9) Raekwon- Smooth mobster flow he has stayed true to his roots. He is the best member in Wu-Tang clan
8.) Jay Z- I don’t care how many records he sold because when B.i.G & 2pac was running the game an Nas & Mobb Deep was going hard he was two albums in an irrelevant. Dont get me wrong he has put out Great music over the years but he didn’t have much competition outside of DMX at the time
7) Eminem- His record sales are untouchable with a flow so mean he kills everyone on tracks even his family.
6) Big Pun- He was Hannibal with a pen deady & killed everything that featured him. He put out to good music in the time he was with us.
5) Jadakiss- The most lyrical emcee in the game now hands done. As he said he hasn’t spit a wack verse since the 90s
4) Notorious B.I.G – He put nothing but classics that everyone could vibe to while he was live. And to this day a lot people feel he is the best of all time
3) Big L He was really the first rapper to put Harlem on Camron Mase Mcgruff made debuts on his album along with Jay-Z. He put out a lot good freestyles in short time.
2) Nas- Very creative probably the most crafty with song concepts Rewind,I gave you power prime examples
1) 2Pac – Great poet even better work ethic to many classics to name too much music to listen to
Some Artists that would make Top 20
With Belvy having to push his mixtape back to get a few more things perfected. He decided to get at a few more beats. Look out for his mixtape enjoy this in the mean time im feeling it TTG.
i doubt Jay-z takes this song serious but its funny MC Hammer was upset Jay-z dissed him in So appalled so he responded with the first dance diss track in hip hop. it seems like everyone has dissed jay-z this year and he hasn’t responded directly just subliminally.