Nobody can keep up with Fab on this Freestyle challenge the kid on fire.
Fab still on his 90s shit as he makes his latest victim the quiet storm beat.
First off welcome home Mr. Bar 4 Bar Freck is back with more heat this track is something for the club as he recruits Jalilil Beats for a chorus & beat. Look out for the new mixtape coming soon.
Ray J goes all out gangsta & calls the breakfast club to explain his side of the fight with Fabulous. Ray J lets it be known he not just some R & B punk and he wants Fabolous give him an apology for his recent remarks trying to be funny.
With his new mixtape “The Sinner’s Prayer” set to drop any day now i had a chance to get an interview with Gates to catch up with him an see what he has been up to as well as get the 4 1 1 on his new mixtape.
1) What is your motivation to keep doing music?
I love music..What drives me is the feeling of people hearing the music the way I do the way I see the story almost like a director of a movie.
2) What age were you when “Fuck Dat” dropped? Fuck that came out in 2001
I was 21
3) What influences your music?
Just good music!! depends on the mood it could be the new Kanye or Rick Ross..Sometimes Rick Ross makes me wanna get back in the streets lol.
4) As an artist who do you think helps get your music out DJs or Blogs?
For me my team, my producer hits a lot of blogs up & Djs.
5) What inspired the title for mixtape? Any features?
The titled speaks for a certain era of my life it came from a darker side of me it was when I was back & forth between music,drugs,& just real life my mother taught me the sinners prayer it’s about forgiveness and direction. It features Cardan ,my brother& partner Ron Thomas some new blood from our FratBoyMusic umbrella Tre. And production from Djjbuttah and Jay Wex.
6) Is it me or is a lot of people doing the same thing in hip hop right now?
Yeah to a degree I think the problem is a lot niggas are scared to be who they are. If you underground be that, if you in the streets then be real to that.With me your going to get my perspective from where I am & where I was..If the topic is drugs then your going to get the outcome along with everything else.Because if u don’t show pros& cons u apart of the problem..I’m no role model but I want my son to know this is what it is not what ever other nigga makes it out to be..But I fucks wit Jeezy&Ross I love to hear niggas like Pusha T talk that shit I just do a little bit of the opposite Sometime. I’m being real to where I’m at in my life right now..
7) With that being said what makes you stand out from everyone else?
I’m not with being trendy for the sake of copying other dudes my goal is to just be dope!! As dope as I know I can be..
8.) What is your favorite song off the new mixtape?
Everyday it’s a different joint today it’s “Broadway Musical” it’s honest I’m venting in a way & just saying I’m dope my nigga I sure u enjoyed the movie lol.
9) What advice would you give 2 up & coming artists?
1st Be you 2nd perfect your craft and just grind make sure your product is right sound,bars,etc and be humble…to a degree.
10) For those not to familiar with who you are name some of music you have put out over time years?
Fuck that, I shot ya freestyle, pockets full of money & Ringling Bros feat Cassidy just a few or go to Digibread.com I got my mixtapes on there too.
11) Are you still going by Billy Bathgate or is it just Bathgate?
nah just Bathgate copy write issues
12) Once this mixtape is released what’s the next move ?
The Ron Thomas project that’s next off of FratBoyMusic then I’m dropping a Street Album produced by Jbuttah Then The Fraternity!! We working.
13) who is your favorite new producer?
Jbuttah, arabmuzik too name a few
14) what is your favorite scripture from the bible?
Genesis the Beginning because it shows the power of the word.Speaking things to existence is sord of like rapping telling your story is nothing like the word of God but the concept is crazy to say I wanna provide a better life for my family and make that happen is…wow
15) As an artist out now do you think there is a lot of outlets now to get your music out like youtube,blogs,cds etc.
Yes! It give anybody a chance that believes in their art.