Liym Capital is an up & coming rapper out of Atlanta. His witty rhymes, charisma along with exuberant swag matched with his delivery makes it easy to get into his music.
His flow gives you that godly feeling like stepping in the club with a fresh shape up, chain & Rolex . I always tell L he reminds me of AZ. Take some time get to know him & get familiar with his music I promise you won’t be disappointed. I also added an exclusive Best Of Playlist below via Spotify.
- ( TM ) I’ve been following your music since early 2015 so I’m pretty familiar with what you’ve done so far. For those that don’t know who is Liym Capital?
( Liym Capital ) Liym Capital is an indie hip hop artist who has had an affinity for rap music ever since he could remember. I just want to contribute to the culture and share my story/viewpoint through words over music.
2. ( TM ) How did you come up with this name?
( Liym Capital ) i came up with the name by just adding capital to my longtime nickname to represent my company capital regime. Liym is short for Saliym which is my govt name.
3. ( TM ) What are some aliases you rapped under in the past?
( Liym Capital ) Liym Courteous, Courteous L etc lol I was a bit indecisive in the past
4. ( TM ) Do you feel “Triple Crown” is you best work to date & if yes why?
( Liym Capital ) yes, the songs are just better than the ones that have preceded it in my opinion. I feel the production is amongst the strongest I’ve used if it hasn’t exceeded my prior works but I feel my biggest improvement was how I’ve grown lyrically. I was very intentional with the messages in the music this time around. It’s just not words rhyming together, it’s a story. It’s a look into who I am as a person and what I believe in. Also my mic presence is worlds better on this project than it was on precedent projects.
5. ( TM ) Between “Prophet Or Profit” & “The Float Pamphlet” which album do you personally like better?
( Liym Capital ) That’s tough, I like both for different reasons. The pamphlet is my first born. First at bat. Got classic joints on there. Whenevers there’s a first there’s really no expectation so that’s fun. You just pop out put your best foot forward and share your gift. My man siah and black 7th produces it entirely aside from one joint. Again it’s a classic. Prophet or profit is a little more conceptual and my man bless is masterful with the beats and skits. Shit is hilarious, the skits I mean. Bless has a grimey fly sound that my vocals sound ill on. Brings a diff side out of L’y. My bread and butter is smooth shit, slick rhymes, shit like that. But on bless shit it gets a lil darker. And I got a few concept joints on there that are crazy. On one I’m talking to god asking for forgiveness. On another it’s a joint where a chic is involved and it ends up bad. But yeah man tough choice, love both for different reasons I’ll let the people decide lol.
6. ( TM ) Tell me a little about what “Uppercase” is ?
( Liym Capital ) Just an alias, synonym for capital .. which represents money of course.
7. ( TM ) How do your peers in ATL treat you since your sound would be more East coast than southern?
( Liym Capital ) I’m not sure , mainly because it’s not a concern of mine. I don’t look for or desire acceptance. I just do me. Being yourself is your superpower so ima just keep my cape on and have it take me where I need to go.
8. ( TM ) If you could do a joint album with any up & coming Producer who would you choose & why?
( Liym Capital ) Alchemist isn’t up and coming but he’s my favorite producer. I definitely gotta get a project in with Sick Siah, that’s in the works. Other than him There’s no names that really pop up in particular. I’m just interested in heat it don’t matter who it’s by
9. ( TM ) So far you’ve already worked with some artists like The Hoodies, Primo Jab, Stevie Crooks, Snazz Gaudy, Roland Papers . Do you have any features stashed in the vaults we haven’t heard yet?
( Liym Capital ) Nahh not at the moment.
10. ( TM ) When can we expect some new music?
( Liym Capital ) Shit we setting up the flood right now. My issue has been consistency so I’m working on loading up so I could drop back to back to back no breaks. So next time you see some content just know I’m following up w/ more. I’m gonna drop a mixtape called “Decadence” before the year is up. I’ll be spitting over industry beats that came out in the past decade 2010-2019 , coming out crazy.
Check out the young king Liym Capitals new album.