a serious, but still funny situation. a 14-year-old girl sat down just before her first-period class Friday morning when she and her friends heard a pop from the victims Apple iPhone 5c. according to a report from the Middle School of the Kennebunk’s principle, Jeff Rodman, “Immediately, smoke starts billowing from around the student, she knew right away something was wrong and, in a panic, knew her pants were on fire caused by the cellphone.”
after the situation’s initial havoc was contained, the student was able to appropriately remove her pants separate from the boys in the class & cover herself with a blanket until rescue workers & fire marshall’s arrived to take her to the hospital. it is confirmed she’s been treated for 2nd degree burns. owner of TechPort in Portland Andrew Rosenstein, which repairs Apple products, said customers have brought in batteries that were swollen and at risk of malfunction after extended use, but not from a phone that was almost new. “These batteries installed in Apple products in particular are extremely safe. It’s an extremely rare incident,” he said. thankfully the girl & everyone in the class wasn’t harmed & is safe now.
apple HQ was not available to make a statment…
*via Morning Sentinel*